PHONE MAN: All right, miss Benes, all finished. Here's your new number.
ELAINE: Ahem. 646? What is this?
PHONE MAN: That's your new area code.
ELAINE: I thought 646 was just for new numbers.
PHONE MAN: This is a new number.
ELAINE: No, no, no, no. It's not a new number.
It's--it's--it's just a changed number. See? It's not different. It's the same, just...changed.
It's--it's--it's just a changed number. See? It's not different. It's the same, just...changed.
PHONE MAN: Look, I work for the phone company.
I've had a lot of experience with semantics, so don't try to lure me into some maze of circular logic.
I've had a lot of experience with semantics, so don't try to lure me into some maze of circular logic.
ELAINE: You know, I could've killed you, and no one would've known.
PHONE MAN: I could've killed you, and no one would've known.
No comments:
Post a Comment